By Celli Arenas
If you really love her, if you can’t see her or you with anybody else, go for it, & do it now! The holidays are the perfect time to propose. Remember, the greatest gift in the world is love; it’s priceless, but rings are not…Get her a ring that she will truly appreciate. Check out some beautiful sparklers here.
So, okay…you’re too chicken to take that leap of faith and make a commitment. Fine, hold on a little longer, observe her, get to know her, grow to accept her family as being a part of her, but position yourself in her life so that her bond with you is even stronger.
Here are some safer gift ideas for the lady you like (but aren’t ready to marry, yet). These gifts may keep her around for a little while longer while you try to figure things out.
1. Tickets to a show, Cirque Du Soleil is in Miami this holiday season.
2. A magazine subscription is a great gift that lasts all year. Women love magazines.
3. Beats by Dre Headphones in her favorite color. Cute!
4. Specialty playing cards, for your gambling girl.
5. A best-selling book, like “Sidetracked: He Used To Love Me” (hint, hint)
6. A movie and dinner at a dinner theater. Check your local theaters to see if there is one in your part of town.
8. A gift basket with her favorite wine, cheese, and crackers.
9. Tickets to a Miami Heat Game. (hello…anybody here?)
10. A set of DVD‘s themed around her favorite actor, director or film era. (John Hughes, 80’s movies: Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, Weird Science, The Breakfast Club).
11. A bottle of wine and a new board game. Notice that wine is mentioned here, a lot. Can’t go wrong with wine!
12. Egyptian Cotton pajamas…because flannel is for your grandma.
13. Silk robe …because flannel is for your grandma.
14. Custom ordered monogrammed stationery, because she is fancy and you like that about her.
15. A Spa Day at a luxury spa (no strip mall deals). Strip mall salons/spas are fine for routine maintenance, but it is the holiday season. Step your game up!
16. A monogrammed set of sheets, bath sheets, hand towels, socks, etc. Anything with HER initials on it, will let her know that you put forth effort to get her something unique.
17. A designer clutch. Smaller versions of designer bags are usually less expensive and more affordable.
19. A set of deluxe makeup brushes. Sephora has lots of great gifts for your lady friend(s) [players with multiple babes].
20. A monogrammed makeup bag. Again, her initials, her territory! She likes that.
21. A hair makeover (new style, length, texture, color). Spice things up with a “new thing.”
22. A boudoir photo session with an experienced photographer. Ultimate sexy gift for the both of you.
23. Precious stone jewelry. Not a diamond, yet…but getting closer!
24. A candle…because candles are sexy.
25. All-natural soaps. I love patchouli soap by Zum Bar. What an aphrodisiac!
26. Holistic beauty treatments such as bath salts and scented astringents, body washes.
27. A crystal vase. Fill it with flowers too, by the way.
28. A throw for the couch…for when you are “watching a movie.”
29. A crafted personal project: photo album or scrapbook. Cute idea for your first Holiday, (after one year).
30. Assorted jars of olives, pickles, jams and marmalades. I’m reaching…I know. I hope she doesn’t throw them at you, lol. Get her this if she is over 30 years old, and knows the value of good olives.
31. Her favorite cake or pastry. Again, I hope she doesn’t throw it at you! Get her this if you’ve been dating for a short period of time, like a week.
32. Dance lessons: introductory ballroom, salsa or flamenco dance class, (twerk & pole dancing count too)…I’m just saying…
33. Nice workout gear. Matching joggers with great athletic shoes, this is an awesome gift! If she doesn’t work out regularly, don’t try it. You might not last for New Years.
34. A flight bag, camera case or classy travel kit monogrammed with her initials! Put her name on anything and you WIN! Oh yeah, take her somewhere where she can use it, and you win. Travel wins…FYI.
35. A class in something she’s interested in learning more about ( real estate, cosmetology, insurance, bond surety). If you help a woman discover an opportunity that will improve the quality of her life, she will know that she matters to you. That’s important.
36. A session with a personal trainer, Pilates instructor, reflexologist or nutritionist. Help her achieve the goals she set for herself. Don’t try to CHANGE her into someone else. Support her by listening to what she wants to do for herself with her own life and support that. Don’t try to recreate her into what you think is a “better” person. That’s rude.
37. A hot new gadget. Go to Radio Shack or shop at amazon to discover the latest in tech gear. Grab her something innovative.
38. Gardening tools, a flowering plant or a gift certificate to her local gardening center. Just please, avoid buying her a hoe (for obvious reasons).
39. Vintage perfume tray, with a perfume atomizer. Very nice gift, especially when paired with a new fragrance.
40. A matching accessories set like a matching hat and scarf, and sunglasses. A nice gift for seasonal locations. Her gift must be useful.
41. A Keurig machine with gourmet coffee, for when you are still around in the morning for breakfast.
42. Sushi-making supplies; and FRESH ingredients to make some sushi magic with.
43. A fabulous bottle of champagne, Perrier-Jouët is my favorite. She may or may not have a favorite, so trust me on this one.
44. Dinner to a five-star restaurant: Prime 112, is a beautiful restaurant nestled on a quiet corner on South Beach in Miami, Florida. An after dinner stroll down Collins, makes for a fantastic shared experience. Am I recommending that you take her on a trip to Miami. Yes, take her somewhere…sheesh!
45. Luxe table linens, napkin rings and place card holders, for your first dinner that you host together.
46. Godiva chocolates…enough said.
47. Caviar, foie gras and brie, just because she may not have ever had her own.
48. A deluxe picnic basket. Make use of it too! Fill it with dinner and make her gift a surprise event.
49. A custom crafted recipe book with recipes of meals you’ve shared together. Show her that you remember the little things.
50. An Ugly Christmas Sweater. Then surprise her by gathering a few friends who are also wearing Ugly Christmas Sweaters at your very own Ugly Christmas Sweater Party.
The holidays are special, let her know that you think she is too. Don’t just say, “have a happy holiday season,” make it happen.
Get your copy of “Sidetracked: He Used To Love Me” , by Celli Arenas, today!
Get your copies on Amazon.com
Follow @sidetrackedbook on Instagram & Twitter