By, Celli Arenas
The holiday season is upon us. Holidays are the time of year that many people dread. Overspending, overeating, and relationship stress can put damper on your holidays. Here are 5 tips to make your holiday season full of cheer!
1. Make holiday gatherings a shared responsibility. Bring a covered dish, or bottle of spirits/wine to the occasion. Spearhead the conversation; discuss who will bring what. Create an email list or group text to send out as a reminder 48 hours before the event. This way, everyone saves and everyone enjoys the holiday fun together.
2. Take pause-think for 24 hours before you buy something pricey. It isn’t the cost, it’s the thought that matters.
3. Focus on meaning and quality before quantity. Have conversations in advance about what your loved ones like and want.
4. Curb impulse spending. Buy one really great gift instead of several so-so gifts.
5. Take the pressure off of defining your relationship status. Invite your friend to participate, relax and enjoy your company. Don’t destroy a friendship because you expect a gift and a declaration of your relationship status to please your friends and family. If you were friends on October 25th you should still be friends on November 27th, December 25th, and hopefully December 31st, too!
The holiday season should be enjoyable! Celebrate with the people you enjoy spending time with.
Happy Holidays ☺️
PS- follow me on Twitter & Instagram
Purchase the novel “Sidetracked:He Used to Love Me” today!