So, I am starting the New Year off right. All through the month of December I monitored my food intake, participated in a 50 mile challenge, and I started to drink Shakeology. I know you are wondering what it is a “Shakeology”? And, you are thinking, “NO WAY you ran 50 miles!!!”
Well, yes I did! In 20 days I ran 50 miles both indoors and outdoors. I also lost 10 pounds 🙂
Now, how did I muster the energy? Lots of water; drink lots of water!!!! I drink at least 65 oz. a day.
This is me on the last day of the 50 mile challenge! So proud 🙂
I’ve added something new to my fitness plan. Let me tell you about Shakeology. I have been drinking one a day for almost two weeks now. I do feel some differences in my energy levels, my recuperation time, and in my digestion. I will also add that I felt a cold coming on on Christmas Eve, I drank a Shakeology shake and took two zinc tablets and I was good to go! That threatening cold was ZAPPED! Here is what is in Shakeology, and the benefits of drinking a shake at least once per day.
This is my quick chocolate fix! I love chocolate, so that’s a strong endorsement. Whip it with almond milk and ice and it tastes like a Wendy’s Frosty!!! Yummm 🙂
What’s in Shakeology?
Protein and Essential Amino Acids to help build muscle and reduce food cravings*
• Help build and repair muscles
• Reduce hunger and food cravings
• Promote healthy skin, hair, and nails
• Chocolate and Greenberry Shakeology include whey protein isolate, an easily absorbable source of high-quality protein that’s ideal for building and maintaining lean muscle mass. Tropical Strawberry and Vegan Chocolate include high-quality plant proteins from brown rice, pea and other sources. Essential amino acids, found in these proteins, help the body repair muscle tissue and heal wounds; and reduce hunger pangs. The protein in all Shakeology products provides a highly bioavailable source of essential amino acids.
Prebiotics, Probiotics and Digestive Enzymes, which aid in improving digestion, regularity, and nutrient absorption*
• Aids digestion
• Support a healthy intestinal tract
• Increase absorption of nutrients
• Shakeology contains many ingredients that are beneficial to the digestive system.
• Prebiotics, natural components of certain plants, help support the “friendly” bacteria in your digestive tract.
• Probiotics are strains of live good bacteria that help with the digestive process. They assist the body in absorbing
nutrients and minerals, bring an overall balance to the digestive tract, and help support the immune system.
• Digestive enzymes, from sources such as pineapples and papayas, help your body break down food into its individual
components, making the nutrients easier to absorb.
• Help promote a strong immune system
• Help increase energy
• Help protect the body from stress
• Help balance endocrine hormones and the immune system
• Adaptogens are special herbs that grow in harsh climates and conditions, at high elevations, atop mountains where the soil is rocky and oxygen in the air is thin. Because these plants have to adapt to harsh conditions, they have highly
concentrated nutrients that can help your body cope with stress, provide energy, and maintain a strong immune system. Shakeology has a total of 9 adaptogens. Which is more than any other shake out there.
Antioxidants and phytonutrients (plant-sourced ingredients) may help maintain health*
• Help neutralize harmful free radicals
• Help decrease inflammation
• Help maintain the immune system
• Potentially decrease the risk of degenerative diseases
• Many of Shakeology’s fruit and vegetable sources have been chosen for their high concentration of healthy natural substances known as phytonutrients, including flavonoids, polyphenols, anthocyanins, and catechins. These substances have antioxidant properties, meaning they help neutralize molecules known as free radicals, which damage cells and may contribute to the aging process. In laboratory tests, phytonutrients have shown promise in helping prevent a wide variety of degenerative conditions.
23 Vitamins and Minerals your body needs to function for optimal health*
• Get a wide range of essential nutrients
• Get your necessary vitamins every day
• Make up for dietary deficiencies
• Most of us don’t get the complete range of essential vitamins and minerals in our daily diets. Some important vitamins, such as vitamin C and the B vitamins, are water-soluble, meaning they’re flushed out of your body after a short time and need to be replenished regularly. Others, like vitamin E, can be difficult to get enough of in food. Shakeology Chocolate and Greenberry provide all these nutrients in an easy-to-take form, so you never have to worry. (Tropical Strawberry and Vegan Chocolate do not have the vitamin and mineral ingredients added.)
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Warning: Processed in a facility that also processes soy, peanuts, tree nuts, milk, egg, fish and shellfish.
This product should be used as a dietary supplement only. Those with medical concerns should consult their physician prior to using this or any other dietary supplement.
*To find the nutrition label for each Shakeology formula, visit www.Shakeology.com
Information obtained from http://www.shakeology.com
This is the Vanilla. I will keep you informed about my progress 🙂
For other great stories about South Florida and more, check out www.mia-live.net